To register for Senior Services Excursions, please stop by the Covina Joslyn Center or call (626) 384-5380.
Deluxe motor coaches and professional drivers are used on all trips. Preregistration is required for all trips.
1. Registration is accepted by phone (with VISA/MasterCard only), by mail (using the registration form in the City View magazine found on the home page of the City's website), and in person on an equal basis. Priority is not given to any one method of registration.
2. Payment must be made at the time of registration. Space will not be held without payment.
3. Cash, checks (made payable to “City of Covina”) and credit cards (VISA/MasterCard) are accepted. A $25 service fee will be charged for all returned checks (NSF, closed account or stopped payment).
4. Trips are subject to change without notice and may be canceled due to low registration.
5. Participants must be at least 18 years of age or older and 21 years of age for all gambling trips.
6. All trips leave from and return to Joslyn Center, 815 N. Barranca Ave.
7. No smoking allowed on the bus.
8. Special services (wheelchair accessibility) must be requested 30 days before trip.
9. “Member” discounts are for participants who have a current Joslyn Center membership, which can be purchased for $10 and is valid for the calendar year.
Trip refunds will be made if the trip is sold out and your ticket(s) is resold or participant cancels on or before stated “Refund Deadline.” A minimum six-week processing period is required for all refunds.
CARLSBAD FLOWER FIELDS AND PREMIUM OUTLETS
Start your day at the Carlsbad Premium Outlets for shopping at more than 90 stores. While there, have lunch at one of their many fine restaurants! Next, take yourself out of the ordinary and spend a few hours in one of nature’s wonders, the Fields of Dreams, the Fields of Color. This is a place where you can explore 50 acres of extraordinary color in bloom on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean, with a special nursery, garden, wagon ride and gift shop. Moderate to extensive walking.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, April 1, 8 am-6 pm
FEE: $30 members/$35 nonmembers (lunch on your own)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, March 6
LAKE ARROWHEAD “ALPINE RETREAT”
The prettiest and most precious of Southern California’s alpine gems is Lake Arrowhead. Your trips begins with a scenic drive up into the San Bernardino Mountains. Enjoy lunch dockside at Woody’s Boat House in Lake Arrowhead Village. After lunch, enjoy a walk around the village where you’ll discover more than 40 shops, factory outlets and boutiques. Then, board the 50-foot paddle-wheel-style boat Arrowhead Queen for a narrated cruise. The boat is fully enclosed with comfortable seating. Moderate sitting and walking.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, May 13, 9 am-6:30 pm
FEE: $40 members/$45 nonmembers (lunch included)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, April 17
PALA RESORT SPA AND CASINO
With over 2,000 slot and video machines, 87 table games and 10 great restaurants, you are sure to find something fun to do! Participants must bring valid identification and enroll in rewards program to receive $10 slot play (subject to change). Moderate sitting and walking.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, May 27, 9 am-6 pm
FEE: $13 members/$15 nonmembers (Lunch not included)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, April 24